The aim of the South African Society for Enology & Viticulture is to be the leading scientific knowledge partner for the South African grape and wine industries; optimizing the quality of S.A. grapes, wines and related products constantly and distributing this technology internationally.
Herewith the details regarding membership of the Society. The financial year runs from July 1 of any year to 30 June of the following year. As a member you will receive discount on all SASEV workshops and Conferences.
Membership in the South African Society for Enology & Viticulture enables you to enhance your profession and support the future of the wine and grape industry.
Some of the benefits you receive by becoming a member are as follows:
- Online access to the S.A. Journal of Enology and Viticulture articles, including online access to full SAJEV archives from 1980
- Reduced registration rates to the annual Conference
- Reduced registration rates on all our Workshops / Information days
- Certificate of Membership
- Subscription to the SASEV Newsletter
Members can add a printed copy of our half-yearly Journal to their annual membership for a nominal fee.
3 TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership that includes hard copy of the Journal
Members without the Journal
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
If you would like to join, please complete the Membership Application Form and return it to us as soon as possible via fax or email. Your application will be assessed at the next Board meeting. You may not take over another person’s membership as each person is assessed on their individual merit. Only individual membership is granted, with no limit on the number of people from a specific company. Please note that your Proposer and Seconder should be members of our Society and must sign your form. You will be notified of your membership.
There are 2 options for people to join, namely:
- A once-off entry fee of R200 and R470.00 membership fee per year with electronic access to the Journal; or
- A once-off entry fee of R200, R470.00 membership fee and R365.00 for 2 hard copies of the SAJEV Journal.